UPDATED : JANUARY 11, 2022
Hey Guys! I’m always getting asked what gear I’m currently using. Here’s an overview of what my setup looks like!
CAMERA BODIES :
Canon 5D Mark IV (Main Body)
Canon 5D Mark III (Second Body)
Canon 6D (Backup Body)
** I’m trying to determine if I want to upgrade to mirrorless bodies. I’ll let you guys know if I do. I know that’s where the future is headed so I likely will… but I love my Marks…****
Canon 35mm 1.4 | This is my most used lens (Do not buy the Sigma 35MM – It’s missed focus like 50% of the time and I sold it after a month)
Sigma 50mm 1.4 / also have the canon 50mm 1.8
Canon 85mm (doesn’t get used a ton)
Canon 24-70mm : I love this lens for weddings and events. It’s great for when you need the 24mm for wider shots or if you don’t have enough space to move back with the 35mm.
BACKPACK / OTHER GEAR :
MEMORY CARDS :
- The 32GB Sandisk “Extreme Pros” are my favorite to shoot with. I always make sure to get “Extreme” pro cards because they will write/record the images onto the card quickly. Which means you won’t get the “Busy” Signal when you’re trying to look quickly at what you just shot.
- I also label these in sharpie the month/year I bought them in. That way after around 1 year I will replace them/retire them so that I don’t risk data loss due to old cards corrupting.
GEAR I WANT:
– Canon 24mm
- Canon R4 or R6 Mirrorless Body. I’m hesitant to pull the trigger because I’ve heard the photos from these cameras can be really difficult to get used to. Plus the bodies are super expensive.
BUYING + SELLING GEAR :
- I don’t usually buy brand new gear. I use a website called MPB.com and have never had any issues with the gear I’ve purchased from there. They are also very detailed about what type of condition of the gear you are purchasing
- I don’t buy gear off of Ebay because I have heard horror stories.
- I also buy my smaller gear off of Amazon (Such as Memory cards, prisms, batteries, etc.)
I hope this helps. Comment below with any other question